Do you think if it is Technically possible to convert any of our famous Hill Railways to Broad Gauge? If yes, then which one is technically possible to be converted?
**Note: Here I am talking about only technical aspects, I am not saying whether we should convert any of our heritage railways, just possibility. If you think that instead of converting the existing track a separate parallel BG track can be constructed, then you can consider that option as technically possible too. Thanks!
1) Darjeeling Himalayan Railways (NJP- Darjeeling) can be converted to BG
2) Kalka- Shimla NG can be converted to BG
3) Pathankot- Joginder nagar NG (Kangra Valley) can be converted to BG
4) Nilgiri Mountain Railway (Mettupalayam- Udagamandalam/ Ooty) can be converted to BG
5) Neral- Matheran Railway can be converted to BG
6) Any other railway (Please comment) which can be converted to BG
7) More than one of the above can be converted to BG
8) None of the above can be converted to BG
10) Any other opinion (Please Comment)
Yes, I had considered that option too, but forgot to mention here. Thank you for reminding me, i have mentioned that in the blog post body. For example, when they converted the Cachhar Railway (Lumding- Shilchar- Agartala), in many places they laid up parallel BG track. A notable example is New Haflong. By the way, do you think if it is possible to lay up parallel BG tracks for every hill railways?
I think that the alignment will certainly be different in some areas due to different gradients and curves.
Yeah, definitely. But any particular route can you think about?
I am not too particular. DHR and NMR come to my mind first when thinking about this.
it can be coverted to broadguage but it requires excellent engineering like many sharp turns need to demolished using bombs and build bridge over it and it will be costly project where southern railways will be lazy to do it and converting BG violates UNESCO heritage site rule
Briefly about Coaching Depots & Pitlines in Central Railway Zone:
1. Mumbai CSM Terminus Division:
* Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus :-
No. of Pitlines - 8
Capacity of Pitline in length -
Mujhe to yahi yad hai ki length badh gayi hai
अभी पता किया है वो Update पुराना है, छः की छः पिटलाइन 24 कोच की है।
Small correction SWR VSG has 2 pitlines. Also KR MAO has 2 pitlines.
NR MSPC Special Trains Approved.
Its Mentioned As MSPC So Might Run With New Number Have To Wait
FZR Division Trains To Be Introduced As Mail/Exp Unreserved....
Only kkde nzm.. 😑
Atleast 1 PNP wali chalu krte
Unreserved train schedule
What does 1 HNK mean in the title?