South Western Railway has decided to run 22 (11 pairs) of “ Festival Special Trains” in view of Durga Puja and Chhath Puja as detailed below:-
1. Train No. 02251/02252 Yesvantpur – Korba – Yesvantpur Superfast Weekly Express Special will run with effect commencing journey from Yesvantpur from 23.10.2020 to 27.11.2020 on every Friday and from Korba from 25.10.2020 to 29.11.2020 on every Sunday. Stoppages, timings and composition of this train will remain same as of Train No. 12251/12252 Yesvantpur – Korba – Yesvantpur Superfast Regular Express.
2. Train No. 06229/06230 Mysuru –
mysore-kachiguda is yet to be introduced I guess
Heralding a landmark moment for South Central Railway in enhancing rail connectivity between Hyderabad City and major cities such as Mahabubnagar, Kurnool, Bengaluru, Anantapur, Kadapa, Tirupati etc., towards south, the Doubling of Railway Line between Shadnagar and Gollapalli has been completed and commissioned today i.e., 16th September, 2020. This is part of the Secunderabad – Mahabubnagar Doubling & Electrification Project, which is being executed by the Railway PSU, Rail Vikas Nigam Limited (RVNL).
The Secunderabad – Mahabubnagar Doubling & Electrification project is one of the critical projects for strengthening the rail operations in the state of Telangana. The project was sanctioned for a distance of 85 Kms in 2015-16 at an estimated cost of Rs 774 crores. While the section between Secunderabad
good news finally !!
I think Umdanagar-shadnagar will be next target
Hyderabad divison is very slow, maybe by 2021 December we can expect entire stretch
I believe FM-Umdanagar is also not commissioned yet
ee route lo tungabhadra baadithulu ekkuva...fm - mbnr fedl ayipothe oka chintha veedutundi
VSKP-KCG train kuda extend chance untundi.. Ippudu crossings ekkuvaga untayani cheyatledu
Plans of conversion of diesel locos to electric dropped. Excess units to be condemned, sold or exported.
The Ministry of Railways has asked the Railway Board to quickly downsize Indian Railways’ fleet of diesel locomotives. 2,500 diesel units are likely to face the chopping block soon, sources told RailPost.in
Some of the drawbacks of above plan:
1) Condemnation of 5000 D-locos is a costly affair loss of about 50000 crores (50% cost of D-locos)
2) Procurement/ manufacture of 10-12K E locos in 2.5 yrs is a very difficult (almost impossible) task
3) Procurement cost of these many e locos need astronomical 1.5-1.8 lac crore Rs. in next 2.5 years
Very Good Step by Indian Govt.
Point 2) "Procurement/ manufacture of 10-12K E locos in 2.5 yrs is a very difficult (almost impossible) task"
10-12k is not quantity but 10-12k HP (horsepower).
Why condemn? Bech do, waise sab kuch bik raha hai. Engine bhi bech do
Pm post bhi bechna chahiye